You’re an experienced Pokémon trainer that’s looking to expand your knowledge on everything involved in the Pokémon universe.
We want your entire Pokémon experience to be as successful as it can be, whether you’re looking to do a battle card with your friends, impress your fellow trainers with your Pokémon knowledge, or you’re looking to level up in Pokémon Go.
If you’re new to learning about Pokémon, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out all the ins and outs of the game. There are so many different types of Pokémon that are weak against specific types, that it can be hard to keep track of. Plus, what even is an Alolan Pokémon?
Not to mention, you need to know what Pokémon have been released within certain generations so you can call yourself a true Pokémon fan.
No matter if you’re an experienced trainer looking to get an inside look at the latest Pokémon games before you spend your money on them or if you’re new to the entire Pokémon universe and you’re looking to learn more, we’re here to provide you with all the info you need.
Here at POK Universe, we’re here to help you understand the basics of the Pokémon universe. Plus, we’re going to guide you through the Pokémon anime, movies, and mangas you can’t miss out on. You can find all the best trading card advice here and how you can find the absolutely best Pokémon merchandise.
How this works
All of the Pokémon articles we publish are only created by our most knowledgeable and experienced Pokémon trainers. When we’re reviewing Pokémon video games, we aren’t handing off the review process to someone who doesn’t know everything there is to know about the Pokémon universe.
All of the Pokémon products we review will be tried out and tested to their full potential. We’ll track to see if there are any bugs in the video game, and we’ll gauge how well the Pokémon product responds to our usage.
That’s what we’re all about here at POK Universe. We aren’t just here to half-heartedly follow Pokemon. We eat, breathe, and sleep Pokémon every. single. day.
No matter what type of Pokémon product we’re reviewing, we take every roundup, review, and comparison we write very seriously.
Our biggest goal here at POK Universe is to provide you with all of the inside information you should know before you purchase a Pokémon product. We want your entire Pokémon experience to be as exciting as it was when you picked up your first Pokémon trading card or caught your first Pokémon.
For every single Pokémon product we review, we follow an in-depth process that involves multiple steps. Here’s how we go about approaching every product we review:
- A Pokémon product grabs our attention or it’s recommended to us. After this, we’ll purchase the product with our own money. We never, ever accept discounted or free items, because we want to ensure that all of our reviews are fair and completely unbiased.
- Depending on what Pokémon product we’re reviewing, we’ll test it out until we’ve finished it. The amount of time it takes us to finish This step of the review process will depend on what type of product we’re reviewing. We’ll watch the entire Pokémon movie or we’ll play through the entire Pokémon game. This could take several hours or several weeks.
- While the product is being tested out, the product tester will keep a daily log. In this log, they’ll keep a record of their personal experiences and opinions, based on variables that have already been determined before the review process even began.
- The same person who tests out the Pokémon product is also the same person who writes the review. Why? Because we want to make sure that the person who tested out the product is able to record all of their thoughts, experiences, and feelings about a product. If the person needs any help, they’ll receive support from our editorial team.
- As time goes on, we’ll update the article with any questions that come from our team of Pokémon trainers.
Here at POK Universe, we love our fellow Pokémon trainers. There’s nothing more exciting than catching a shiny or getting a rainbow card while opening up a package of cards.
The next time you’re diving into the world of Pokemon, let our team of trainers come along with you on your journey. We’re glad you and your Pokemon are joining us on your journey!
Our core values
Fun, adventure, learning, teamwork, and passion.
Miah is an avid video game, pop culture, and tech enthusiast. When she’s not writing articles about her favorite video games or tv shows, she spends her time working on her graduate degree, snuggling with her Newfoundland dog, playing the violin, and planning a hobby farm with her fiance.
Miah finds Pokemon adorable and enjoys the stories of friendship, adventure, and perseverance.
Kat is an expert in anything she can get her hands on! She loves to research, write, and upload various topics in multiple niches, and likes to see herself as a ‘jack-of-all-trades’. When she isn’t writing, she likes to code, sew and make costumes, play video games, and run 10km a day on her treadmill.
When Stephanie was young, Pokemon was life. Her face was always in her Gameboy, playing Pokemon Red and Blue over and over again. She could practically quote every episode from Indigo League and Pokemon The First Movie. Now that Stephanie is older, she still believes First Gen is the only Gen.
Callum Marshall is an experienced content writer. He’s been working in the business for several years and offers his services as an editor-in-chief, PR consultant, game tester, scriptwriter, and an all-around gaming aficionado. He lives and breathes gaming, and that’s why he’s here to provide you (the reader) with important news that matters without all the fluff.
Outside of working hours, he stops typing and picks up a controller. His favorite games of all time are Kingdom Hearts, Journey, Fallout New Vegas, Disco Elysium, and he also dabbles in Rocket League in the lulls between titles. When he’s not gaming, you can find him rewatching Peep Show for the hundredth time or re-living his youth skating. Skateboards are the new comb-over, haven’t you heard?